Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the meeting last night! We greatly appreciate everyone coming out. I know schedules are crazy this time of year and some people we unable to attend.
WE WILL HAVE A 2ND MEETING FOR ANYONE WHO COULD NOT ATTEND AT 6PM ON THURSDAY AUGUST 10TH, IF YOU ATTENDED LAST NIGHT, AND WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND AGAIN YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING AUGUST 10 SO I KNOW HOW MANY PACKETS TO BRING. OUR NEW COACH JON ORILLION WILL BE ATTENDING SO EVERYONE WILL GET A CHANCE TO MEET HIM!
Below is a brief recap of what we went over at the meeting to fill everyone else in. Anyone at the meeting or not at the meeting that has thought of or has any questions PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TEXT/EMAIL/CALL ME ANY TIME and I will gladly answer any questions you may have.
- We are going to have 4 practices a week this year, to give wrestlers as many opportunities as possible to wrestle. Monday/Wednesday/Thursdays will be from 6pm-730pm. Tuesday nights we will have a technique/beginner practice from 6pm-7pm (all full time members can attend these free of charge).
- We have added 2 more full time coaches. Loras College coaches/wrestlers will also be helping out this year when time allows.
- DWC Memberships are in a chart on the 3rd Please read through and see the benefits of each membership level, to decide what is best for your wrestler.
- We are offering sponsorship payment plans (60% of any sponsorship you find goes directly to paying your wrestlers membership fees) (sponsors for this folk style season are due November 1st)
- There were a few questions on sponsorship rates/what the company gets/etc so I have updated/tweeked that chart a bit. If anyone has questions on it, get a hold of me and we will explain
- We WILL continue the $5 drop in rate for kids who cannot commit full time. We will sell punch cards for $50, that never expire. $50=10 practices so people do not have to bring in $5 each time they come.
- Sponsorship plan is completely OPTIONAL, no one is obligated to find any sponsors, we just thought it was a great idea to help people lower or even eliminate their club fees, while raising more money for the club
- If anyone has financial issues, questions PLEASE CALL/TEXT/EMAIL ANY TIME. We will work with people if need be, we are not going to turn any wrestlers away, we will figure out a way to make it work for everyone
- For memberships there will be a sibling discount, and siblings will receive a 50% discount
- The folk style flyer is the 3rd page in the attachment
- In the attachment we also put together a letter you can take to companies/potential sponsors if you’d like as well as an invoice if any of the companies need it.
- The Loras wrestling golf outing is on August 19th, so any sponsors that come in will be kept in a chart and be used for next years golf outing as we already have all of our signs made for this year. We are also debating doing a DWC golf outing, if we are able, hole sponsors will be sponsors for both the Loras and DWC golf outings, not just one or the other.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST- WE WILL BE RUNNING PRE SEASON PRACTICES ON MONDAY/THURSDAYS FROM 630PM-730PM UNTIL THE START OF THE FOLKSTYLE SEASON. ATTACHED IS THE FLYER FOR THAT AS WELL. AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT THE AUGUST MEETING DATE I WILL SEND THE INFO OUT. THANKS! AND SORRY FOR YET ANOTHER LONG, DETAILED EMAIL! WE KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF CHANGES/INFO GOING OUT SO PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL/EMAIL/TEXT ANY TIME WITH ANY QUESITONS.